Monday, October 15, 2007

Alex Looking Toward Sacramento Temple

Our greatest hope in life is that our children will understand and utilize the principles of the gospel. Alex turns 12 years old today! What a great year for our boy. Next Sunday his father will confer the Aaronic priesthood on him and ordain him to the office of a Deacon. I love Alex so much. What a pleasure it is to have this boy (young man) in our care.

When Alex was born the doctor (who happened to be a woman) claimed she had never seen such a beautiful baby! Now you may say, "Yeah right, she says that to every mother!" Well, you did not see her face. I took her comment and ran with it. I HAVE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BABY IN THE WORLD (I mean, in the lot of babies delivered by Dr. Olsen). Out of our way people, Curtis Alexander Stapp is coming through. Fast forward 12 years. He is still beautiful, but the sure look on the doctor's face is starting to fade from my memory. Did I really hear what I thought I heard at 4 am so many years ago? Oh well, it's my memory! To balance my memory information (which makes the story more believable) friends, I also remember one of my brothers grimacing at the ugliness of another one of my newborn children.

Back to the birthday boy. I look forward to seeing him reach up and over the Sacrament table to grab the emblems. Hopefully the administering Priest will be able locate his open hand down below! I'm going to try to figure out where Alex will pass the Sacrament so we can sit in his passing area. Have any of you done crazy things like this? Well it is a great day for all our family!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Which one of your children was an ugly newborn?? Surely it wasn't me :) Happy Birthday Alex!! I love you!

Cindy Jensen said...

Wow, such an important day! Happy Birthday Alex! And yes, Caryn I could see myself doing that -- sitting in his passing area. I do think Alex is the most handsome 12 year old I know!

April said...

Happy Birthday cousin Alex!

~Stappsters~ said...

Rachel, It was Uncle Mike talking about you. He had never really seen a newborn baby. Everybody else thought you were adorable. They understood baby proportions.

Nat said...

I love the photo of Alex. I love the You Tube video more. It made me feel all "toasty" inside.

Unknown said...

Wow! I can't believe that Alex is 12!!