Friday, November 20, 2009
Feel free to ask me advice about your parental concerns.
~Caryn Stapp, parenting expert
Saturday, November 14, 2009
I am being worked, tested... but with ribboned and embossed announcements now in the air mail system, I'm extremely certain there will be a happy ending. My daughter is getting married. She is going to the temple. She is going with Ben. Ben will happily take her there. We are going to celebrate together with family and friends. Ben will take her to a new home. Then they will have 10 grand kids for me to kiss.
The announcements are out, there is no stopping it and I'm extremely happy!
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
My Dad deserves the award "The Top Helper". He helps clean. He finds things that are lost. And he fixes things that are broken.
My Dad keeps things tidy. He helps clean my room. He makes the yard spotless.
My Dad always fixes broken things. He fixes dishwashers to spinklers. The things he fixes are always good as new.
I know you probably think my Dad is lazy. But when it is working time he is the best. He keeps things spotless. He is a great seeker. And items that are broken will be fixed.
Friday, October 9, 2009
1. Ben is adorable, funny, tall, good and will produce like children.
2. Rachel is happier than ever and she has an immense love for Ben.
3. Rachel and Ben are going to the temple! Curits and I could not ask for more. It is the true blessing of life. I thought giving birth to her was the incredible moment, but this!!! Wow!
4. I hope I can get to the fabric store, and then there's the cakes, food, decorations, money, December weather, it's going to be the party of the year!!
5. Grateful for my sisters and friends! Feel the faith, it can be done (in a wheelchair).
Monday, October 5, 2009
ps. I love you all!!!
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Saturday, August 22, 2009
Here are some ideas for using your 13 cent print.
1. A marriage anouncement photo in glossy or matte (I will not be needing this advice anytime soon, right?)!
2. Kid photo postcards (put the photos on tagboard and send them across the planet).
3. A special gift with all your photos. You can have a spectacular DVD made there for only $14.99.
4. How about a 13 cents glamour shot for your valentine.
5. Take pictures of places around town and do a treasure hunt!
6. For 13 cents you can take a picture of your kids room when it is clean and frame it.
7. Send a family photo along to the IRS with your tax return.
8. Download a picture of _________ and use it for dart practice.
9. Take a picture of your baseball team and save money on team pictures!!!
I mean for 13 cents, you can't go wrong. I'm doing a really fun idea for my church primary choir!!!
Monday, August 10, 2009
Friday, July 10, 2009
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Monday, May 18, 2009
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Come on down to The Woodland Opera House folks! Starring a load of Stapps (Curtis, Julia, Alex and Samuel). The show is high energy and you will love it! To order tickets online--
PS. Curtis is crazy onstage. For all Curtis fans, you will not be disappointed!! Feel free to leave your review (i.e.:great egyptian arms, lousy drums etc)
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
Friday, March 27, 2009
PS. I love how the British say figure!
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Monday, March 23, 2009
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Friday, March 6, 2009
Monday, March 2, 2009
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Some learn through visual or listening. Although I would like to think I am learning during General Conference, the truth is, whether it is on video or the written word, it doesn't stick. Yet, certain messages taught through the spirit have stuck with me over many years.
Sometimes this visual learning block serves me well. I cannot remember movies well, so I can watch them after a few years and enjoy it likes it's the first time.
A large percentage of my retention is through doing and creating! Would that be called a tactile learner? Don't read aloud directions to Monopoly. Let's just start playing and I'll pick it up faster than the guy with the race car. I'll most likely make up some fun new rules too. I cannot remember your phone number if you tell me, but if I look at the phone, next time I'll know exactly which buttons to push. That's why I can call people in the dark.
Math was always easy to me. I rarely read directions, but I could look at an equation and see what needed to be done.
If you read this through, share your aptitoodle! Or if you are a professional, feel free to diagnose me.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Saturday, January 31, 2009
1. I eat
2. I sleep
3. I read
4. I eat crunchy cereal with cold milk poured over the top.
5. I don't like it when the phone rings after I pour milk over my crunchy cereal.
6. I read a really great book
7. I read a great book called Life of Pi
8. Have you read it? (is this a factoid)
9. I give up easily, but never on the important things. Is dieting important?
10. I love reading people's random facts.
11. I am watching Galaxy Quest.
12. I tutor algebra.
25,000. I love big numbers.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
The plan of happiness is wonderful. We can become perfect in spirit and body through Christ. The plan brings happiness to all of us left behind knowing Mom, (aka Grandma, Diane) is going to live to enjoy these blessing and we will be there with her as we turn to Jesus. So simple, yet so powerful.
Saturday, January 10, 2009
Why don't they (the State of California) use a true defining term for the action like "incursionary derailment" or "despoilment" or "subjugationry". Don't these word sound more like what is happening over here with 10% pay cut. Furlough is just a euphenistic term. Makes us feel ageeable and warm and fuzzy, when really it's time to turn the heater off.
Disclaimer: All words in this entry may or may not be in the dictionary. I really like making new words from other words. It's cheap entertainment and I need some of that right now.
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Check out Natalie's brainstorm blog (yes I'm a contributor, but I'm mostly, although unintentionally, sabotaging her hard work)
No joke. Natalie is on the phone. I'm heading to Walgreens. Goodnight.