Friday, January 2, 2009

Moroni, Son of Mormon, Makes Me Happy

I finished the Book of Mormon again on New Year's Eve! It was most definitely a new message this year. The words became more real and extremely personal. What can I say but IT IS TRUE!!

I'm beginning to feel a closeness to certain ancient earthly inhabitants. I figured some of them feel close to me as well, as a select few where able to witness my day and trials. Although the book end is the most horrific and gruesome ordeal, Moroni (son of Mormon) was able to tie things up with lovely councel on charity.
By the end of the year's reading I began to wonder why so little was said concerning the women of the day, but I felt assured their special purpose was to raise and nurture all those beloved prophets. Then low and behold, I read a lovely little message for the women in verse 31 of the last chapter. It says I, O daughter, should go and put on my most beautiful clothing and get to work strengthening the Stakes of Zion. Thanks Moroni!
After this verse, Moroni literally sums up the entire books message in three chapters!!! I can't wait to see him brought triumphant through the air. I feel I may very well meet him in the next life in this most spectacular manner.

I believe I will start 2009 by reading Moroni first!

1 comment:

Ryan J. Mannie said...

Thats great Caryn, I want to read the book of mormon this year too. Has Curtis started his blog yet?