Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Slow 4 the Cone Zone

Years ago I was driving by my friends house and saw in her driveway an orange highway cone.  Out of habit, I slowed down for the cone zone, mostly out of surprise that she had her own cone.  I told her about the cone, and she was unsure how the cone appeared in her property.  I told her it was a special gift, how it made me slow down, and how I almost felt envious of the cone.  We talked at length about it's  many uses.   I would love my own cone for a few reasons. Laundry piles.  I would strategically place the cone between incoming traffic and folded piles.  Next, when I am sick, tired or sick and tired, I would place the cone directly outside the bedroom door and make a sign that says, "$2 fine for disrupting the silence around my orange cone".  I could use the cone on others.  Mostly teenagers.  When they are acting teenagery, I will place the cone near their room, work space, dining spot, etc.  This orangy beacon will warns the others of possible head on collisions and that all traffic must merge far to the left or right of the cone.  Do not collide with this person's perimeter at the peril of your own life and of course, all infractions fines double if you mess with this coned area!  
Now, I need multiple cones for the Sabbath Day.  I could place them in each room and especially one on the other side of the wall next to my napping head.  I could use one right now.  A cone about 5 feet away from the computer so people would stop looking over my shoulder while they are muscling down a very slimy taco in my ear.  

7 comments:

Keri said...

The laundry one is my favorite. There is nothing more trajic than beautifully folded laundry kicked or knocked over or rolled onto or...all that hard work gone!

April said...

When is your birthday? I think I'm going to get you an orange cone!

Unknown said...

Slimy taco! eeewwwwwww! I agree with the laundry cone, and the sick and tired cone. Heck! I want them all!

~Stappsters~ said...

April, my birth month won't be until December which will give you plenty of time to find one in just the right shape and color.

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

My Cone Zones:
~Studying Cone - For awhile I was using headphones to let people know that I didn't want to be disturbed. Now people interrupt me anyways cause they've realized I'm not actually listening to anything...so I guess I need a cone.
~Watching Lost Cone - This one seems obviouse, but apparantly it isn't.
~Ice-Cream Cone - Haha, that sounds funny. Don't bother me while I'm eating ice-cream...I'm busy.
~Please Distract Me Cone - This would definently be used during spanish homework. It means I'm totally up for a movie, grocery shopping, or checking the mail....just get me outta here.

Love, Your almost 20-year-old!!, Rachel

~Stappsters~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.