Thursday, November 8, 2007

Play Ball

I love baseball. I happen to coach a rough bunch of homeschoolers. Well, at first we had around 8-10 kids. The longer we played the more kids came oozing out of the woodwork. We play every Wednesday at 2pm. Max--two innings. All players on the team bat each inning. No balls. No strikes. You swing until you hit, but no sympathy if we get you out. Last week we had over twenty-five kids, two dads (who know more than I do, but still take orders) and Moms yelling like crazy! The most extraordinary play this week was when Samuel hit the ball way out. It bounced over the fence, then bounced onto the sidewalk, then right into the window of a parked car, landing on the lap of a startled passenger. Unbelievable plays happen like this every week. Best darn day of the week!

5 comments:

April said...

This reminds me of the Sandlot!

Cindy Jensen said...

Now, that is a great story!

Rachel said...

Wow, there's a lot more kids there then when I left!! Are you having baseball next week? Cause I really wanna play!

~Stappsters~ said...

Yes! It will be so exciting to have your here Rachel!

lace_ie said...

wow thats a lot of kids and im in it!!!!!!!! lol