Sunday, May 23, 2010

wink wink

I was sitting in church today listening to the prelude music. Glanced over to see one of the cutest little primary kids. I gave a little wink. No response. Another wink from me. No response at all. A few more wink, and I see a little smile coming on, so I give it the old wink wink wink wink and a small cute wave. In the foreground and in the line of wink fire I see another hand wave. It is a man waving sheepishly at me. WHAT is he doing? I focus my gaze at closer range. It is the scout master man. He thinks I am winking at him, he thinks I'm winking and waving. Oh my goodness. I raise my voice and correct him over the organ noise and across the pews, "I am not winking at YOU!!!!" He looks perplexed and I point to the kid beyond him.

Later after Sunday School I meet this man in the hall and give him a good wink. I say, "Now I'm winking at you." As Scout Master man leaves, he smiles and I can't resist but give him a small cute wave.

4 comments:

Stacie S-H said...

ROFL!!! ahh thats a hilarious story. Lol lol i almost laughed out loud at work

Rachel said...

Hahaha! That is a fabulous story :)

Carissa said...

That's great! Thanks for sharing :)

cstapp said...

I'm going to have to keep a closer eye on you during Sacrament meeting!