Friday, October 3, 2008

Last Few Hours of the Spending Freeze!

Day 9
All is well today. Not a penny spent. Didn't even drive.

Day 10
Took Julia's car into Sacramento. I have only 20 miles left on the van. No milk and everyone is hoping for a bowl of cereal tomorrow. Ate a fresh peach at my Dad's place. It was marvelous.

All in all, and each one of us agreed last night, the Stapp family is very blessed! We have been able to utilize our creativity and stored resource. But most of all we have learned gratitude for all our bounteous blessing. The 10 day spending freeze will hopefully start us on a new path to simpler living! You ought to try it.

3 comments:

Carol said...

I'm so proud of you guys! I don't think we could survive even a 3-day spending freeze. I'm still wondering if Curtis found his bus pass?
See you Monday for our walk!
Carol

~Stappsters~ said...

No he didn't. In fact he had to buy Oct. bus pass on the last day of Sept, which was the same day. So here is a list of the things we bought in 10 day: A tank of gas, a bus ticket, and a bus pass! That is it! Today, Saturday the 4th I went to Costco!!!!

Ryan J. Mannie said...

I can go probably a month without buying anything but thats partial because I don't really need more than have and with the whole food thing, I can last like a week without food then I can just get free food from ludy's so thats kind of cheating. Anyways, great job!

Your friend, Ryan