Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Spending Freeze Continued

Day 7
Tuesday started off with a bit of a crisis. I sent Curtis out the door with a gourmet lunch around 6:40 am. Ten minutes later he was back in a bit of a quandary. He misplaced his bus pass. As you may or may not know, Curtis has taken the bus into the city for the past 15+ years and saves $ with the monthly pass. No pass-a-roosy! We looked here, we looked there and and then we looked everywhere. I reluctantly handed him a $20 that was on circulation vacation. He informed me that the Yolo Bus only takes exact change!!! Even better, let's use the cash in the boy's bank! Luckily, they don't read blogs.

Opened a can of fruit punch from the LDS cannery today. Samuel did not like the smell, but thought it tasted pretty good. Nutritional value; 100% vitamin C, 45% vitamin A. Hmmm...packaged in 1999. Bet I need to cut nutrient numbers in half. Possibly toxic. I'm stealing from and poisoning my children!!!! Nothing like a challenge to cloud better judgment.

Day 8
Tender Mercies!! Dug deep and located 4 Eggo waffles, a bag of frozen Rhodes dough that had defrosted, transformed into a dough glob, then refrozen, a Weight Watcher creamy rigatoni with broccoli & chicken, three Angus beef hamburger patties, and three 3 oz. salmon steaks. Curtis scouted out the calcium rich LDS cannery hot chocolate last night.

Other items in the Maytag Refidgerator/Freezer include; selection of cheeses, 14 eggs, one loaf of bread, 2 lbs butter, a few oranges, ice, a variety of meats, peas, turkey meatball makings, mixed veggies with freezer-burn, frozen plums and leftover chocolate frosting, see day 3 (I'm planning a Friday night surprise dessert).

1/8th tank of gas left in my car. See hypermiling.

Confession. I took Sarah to Costco today. I told her I I had a ton of hand-me-downs to give her. There was the food court. Maybe I could trade her for a frozen yogurt. BINGO!

Click here to see what Samuel and I made with the frozen Rhodes bread ball (without the milk)! I can smell them now!

1 comment:

Ryan J. Mannie said...

Wow, great job! But the desert things hurt my stomach but hey, what doesn't?