Monday, September 29, 2008

Almost a Week

A few temptations today, but Curtis helped me get through.

Day 5 (Sunday)
We were able to survive this day quite well. We ran out of milk. The garden is manna from heaven!

Day 6
I was in Davis today. I took Julia's car since I was low on gasoline. Before I left I called Curtis to confess that I was feeling the temptation too frequent In-N-Out during my wait for the boys during their writing class. He talked me through the temptation. I sat in the car with my popcorn lunch, listened to the radio, and read the Wall Street Journal. I had a great time. By the time I made it home, I was worried about the bank failures and the rest of the economy, so I started looking over my year supply. Hmmm...maybe I should be out spending more money at Winco!! Got my bill for Rachel's wisdom teeth today. Almost $900! And that is with insurance.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Sorry! But it's not really my fault...you guys gave me bad wisdom teeth genes!

Stacie S-H said...

oh snaps...i need some dental work done - 2 cavities and a possible root canal and i'm looking at expenses up that high too :(
As for the economy my dad said not to worry about it and add to my food storage instead. And get a years supply of clothing. LOL..not hard..not hard at all

April said...

This spending freeze is a brilliant idea! I just don't know if I could do it though.... this is certainly some inspiration to do so though! You guys are awesome!

mjh said...

Caryn, You are awsome! If you were our treasury secretary or oversaw Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae, we wouldn't be in this mess. This common sense redhead wouldn't lend money to people who could not repay. This financial genius would show people how to save up and pay as you go! I would ask you to run for political office but I know you would tell me it costs too much. MJH

~Stappsters~ said...

Marsh, are you willing to donate to the political cause? If so please send check asap! I'll decide if I'm running for office after I cash your check. The way things are going, I can last another couple weeks people.