Sunday, September 14, 2008

Mawage

"Mawage. Mawage is what brings us together today." Princess Bride


I love marriage. It is a great social organization that I feel blessed to be a part. I suppose that is why I continue to be part of this marriage. I happen to also love Curtis, so that helps me in my couplehood.

Some may not understand how important it is to keep marriage between a man and a woman to the believer. It is more than just a stubborness to hold to old traditions. I personally love change and progression. But for the majority of committed members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, marriage is considered a sacred covenant between a man, a woman, and God.

Since I believe that Adam and Eve truly lived on this earth, it might be easier to understand my views. Eve and Adam lived together at the same point in time on earth. The beginning. They were purposefully put together and became part of a union sanctioned by God Himself. They brought kids into the world. Some where a pain in the neck. Marriage and parenthood were not and are not easy, but it is part of the plan.

I don't believe "traditional marriage" began with earth's first couple. Eternal marriage between a man and a woman is an everlasting principle.

So when you see my "Vote For Prop 8" bumper sticker driving around town remember, I am fighting for eternal families. I know you and I can be together with our families forever. What a wonderful blessing!

For more information:
http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=e1fa5f74db46c010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=1aba862384d20110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&hideNav=true

1 comment:

mjh said...

I agree heartily. One of the most beautiful sights I see are seasoned, retired couples out walking, shopping or eating at Taco Bell together. As man and wife they have travelled the long road together and are enjoying the God-ordained partnership still. Marcia